6.29.2010

ahhhh AHHH (aka Key Changes)

There are two things that happen in music that make me overly happy. They are the bridge of a song (especially in Taylor Swift songs) and the KEY CHANGES!!! Ahh how I love key changes. It's hard to describe the feeling a key change gives me but I'll try. It makes me get this huge smile on my face and kinda wanna jump up and down out of joy. You probably think I'm crazy, but to me key changes seem so powerful and uplifting (especially if you go from a minor key to a major key). One song we sing at my home church in dallas has an amazing key change right as your singing "up from the grave he rose again!" It just makes that part of the song so powerful. Everytime at church when the song starts I get so excited because I know the key change is coming.

Glee must know my love for key changes because their version of "Don't Stop Believin" in the season finale had one. And man oh man it made that song even more brilliant than it was before. If you know of an amazing song with a key change tell me! I wish it was a requirement for songs to have key changes, but then again I guess they wouldn't be as special.




This is the whole Journey Medley from the season finale, I couldn't find just "Don't Stop Believing" but all of it's amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment